Sweden has once again raised the threat level and we're supposed to go into isolation. My girlfriend and I talked about how to manage this and stay creative and sane. We brainstormed and came up with a list of activities:
- co-write a story
- Read a classic and do something with it; a song, a poem, a modern interpretation, a movie, a podcast episode.
- watch a documentary and in your own words summarize what you've learned.
- make a poetry collection together.
- watch classic movies and inde movies
- make a (short) exercise challenge for each day.
- try new recipes.
- watch a movie from each country in Europe.
We decided to start out with the last entry on the list, and printed a paper with every country in Europe. Then I cut them out into small individual pieces and folded them. Finally placing them in a mug, we drew five paper notes each and these were the countries we should start finding films from.
Her first five countries:
- the Netherlands
- the UK (there's enough countries in the list already, maybe Scotland et al. will have their separate round later)
My first five:
This feels like a really fun challenge and is going to give us a lot of new experiences we wouldn't have had if not for covid isolation. Choices will be presented below.
1. Finland. "Aurora" (2019)
2. Albania. "Three Windows and a Hanging" (2014)